If you’ve been considering rhinoplasty, you probably have a functional or cosmetic nasal imperfection that you’d like to correct, such as a crooked bridge, hump or deviated septum.
Continue reading to learn more about rhinoplasty, the benefits that come with the procedure and what makes a good candidate for it.
What is a Rhinoplasty?
A rhinoplasty, which is also called a nose job, that enhances the appearance of a person’s nose. This procedure is done to correct any breathing issues caused by a structural problem such as a deviated septum. The main purpose of a rhinoplasty is to improve the angle, width, structure and shape of the nose.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Once you have gotten your rhinoplasty, you’ll be able to rejoice in the many benefits that come along with it. But what benefits are there to be had with this procedure?
These benefits include:
- An improved ability to breathe
- A boost in confidence from feeling great about how you look
- A smaller nose that fits with the rest of your face
- A more stylish and smoother look due to the bumps and other imperfections being removed
Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Becoming a candidate for a rhinoplasty is rather easy.
A person can be a candidate if:
- They are insecure and embarrassed about the current appearance of their nose.
- They have a deformity they wish to get rid of.
- They are unhappy with the way their nose has changed over the years.
- They have rational expectations. Some of the best candidates simply want to improve their appearance, not become perfect.
- They are the appropriate age. It’s not impossible for younger people to get nose jobs, but it’s best if they wait until they are in their mid-teens. The nose stops growing and changing when people hit this age.
- They know how the procedure is performed and prepare for it in advance.
It’s also important that people be aware of the allergies and medical conditions the have. Doing this will significantly reduce the risk of having some kind of reaction to any medication and anesthesia.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon
Choosing a plastic surgeon is relatively simple. As you research, you’ll need to keep your eye for a few things. The first and most important thing to look out for is certification. If a plastic surgeon doesn’t show any certification, steer clear of them. Second, make sure that they are reputable. Be sure to read reviews from previous clients as this will help you become more comfortable with them or tell you to stay away from them.